Welcome to the NWT Media Industry Directory. Below, you will find a categorized list of our members including their bio, credits and contact info.
No matter the job, NWT media professionals have the talent to fulfill your needs!
Angela Gzowski is an award-winning northern photographer. Born and raised in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Angela earned a BFA in Photography from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. Equally at home doing portraits in her Yellowknife studio as she is bouncing in the back of a snowmobile at -40 in Canada’s Far North, her photojournalism has taken her to Tuktoyaktuk, Pangnirtung and Iqaluit, Nunavut; as well as across the NWT and Yukon. Stunning landscapes and evocative people photos have appeared in Canadian Geographic, Readers Digest, Maclean’s, VICE, Maisonneuve, Up Here, MoneySense, Lexpert, LINK, Photolife, Today’s Parent and The Coast. Angela also is an accomplished commercial photographer with clients that include NETFLIX, Parks Canada, Telus, Health Canada, NWT Parks and Recreation Association, CBC, Verge Communications, Superior Industries, Futurpreneur Canada, Re-Group Marketing, Government of the Northwest Territories and Outcrop Communications. Twice cited for national magazine awards, in 2013 she was the gold winner in portraiture for the KRW Business Magazine Awards. Her work can be found in several books — The World Atlas of Tattoo, True North: The Canadian Songbook, and the cover of the memoir Voice in the Wild.
BFA – Major Photography NSCAD University 2010
Red Deer College – Diploma in Visual Arts 2008
- 2013 Gold winner in portraiture for the KRW Business Magazine Awards
- 2017 Applied Arts Winner in Portraiture & Wildlife
- 2018 Applied Arts Winner in Editorial Photography
- Twice cited for National Magazine awards
Isis Essery is an award winning designer, filmmaker and photographer. She has worked around the world for many high profile clients and top tier brands. Isis has shot and edited videos for the GNWT, Northwest Territories Tourism, City of Yellowknife, MSN travel, Illinois Tourism, Yellow Pages as well as major Canadian music festivals and bands. Isis specializes in creating short format non-fiction videos for marketing and brand awareness campaigns. In 2016 she produced Ghosts of Our Forest, a feature length documentary film which premiered at Hot Doc film festival. In 2017 Isis won a Juno for ‘Recording Package of the Year’ for her graphic design work on The Secret Path by Gord Downie. In 2016 she designed the album for Juno award winning Man Machine Poem by The Tragically Hip. Her fascination with the arts, and science keeps her on the cusp of new technologies and trends.
- 2014-2015 Postgraduate Graphic Design- Print and Web, Humber College
- 2012 Postgraduate Broadcast Journalism, Seneca College
- 2005-2010 Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychology Specializing in Neuroscience, University of Guelph
- 2018 UAV Ground School, M3 Aerial
- 2013 After Effects, OCAD
- 2012 Adobe Illustrator, George Brown
- 2011 Photography, Ryerson University
- City of Yellowknife- Yellowknife, March 2018- Current
-Shot and edited 4 tourism videos to date with 2 more to come in the summer
- Government of Northwest Territories- Boots On The Ground – Yellowknife, April 2018
-Edited 2 short videos for Boots On the Ground
- Government of Northwest Territories- CIMP – Yellowknife, July 2017- Feb 2018
-Shot and Edited 2 short videos for CIMP
- Folk on the Rocks- Yellowknife, July 2017- Feb 2018
-Festival Weekend Video
- Ghosts of our Forest – Loud Road Productions – Toronto 2015-2016
-Produced a Hot Docs premiered feature length film shot in Uganda
- Arts & Crafts- Toronto, 2015-2016
-Produce and shoot engaging non-fiction content for musicians including mini docs, behind the scene, sessions, special events coverage etc.
- Yellow Pages ‘Next Home’ Series Toronto, 2015-2016
-Edited 5 episodes of series
- Fleishman-Hillard Canada, Toronto, 2013-2015
-Shot and Edited 14 client videos for websites, advertising, and social media
-Clients included Tim Hortons, Quaker Oaks, TD Canada Trust, Whiskas, Illinois Tourism & many more
- MSN Canada- Travel Diaries Toronto, 2013-2015
-Shot and/or edited 18 episodes of MSN Travel Diaries
-Instruct and direct talent and manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Best Package Design (Gord Downie, Secret Path) – Juno Awards, 2017
Jeremy graduated in 2008 from the University of Lethbridge with a Bachelors of Fine arts degree, in New Media. During his time at University he spent several summers working in Vancouver on Television series as a production assistant and on independent productions. His experience has included working as a production coordinator, boom operator, camera operator and editor. After graduating he found a job in Yellowknife managing the local film society and moved back to the north but this time to Yellowknife. During his time in Yellowknife he has also started his own business as freelance videographer working with artists, communications companies, schools, government and non profits organizations to produce films and media content.
B.A. New Media, Set Etiquette and Protocols certificate Mount Royal College
- 2018 – Elijah & the Rock Creature (Feature): Producer, Editor
- 2017 – Dal Segno (Short): Editor
- 2014 – Berkshire County (Feature): Key Grip, B Camera Operator
- 2011 – Amelia (Short): Cinematographer
- 2010 – A Song for the Dead (Short): Associate Producer, Gaffer
- 2009-Present – Multiple PSA’s, Short Docs for Web: Videographer
Based out of Yellowknife, and sometimes found homesteading on a small off-grid cabin on the Liard River, Caroline Cox is creating authentic film content from Canada’s North and beyond. Cox studied cinematography at the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity and cut her teeth working as an Associate Producer on the Animal Planet series, Ice Lake Rebels. From there she went on to create and show-run the international series, “Wild Kitchen”, which airs in Canada on NorthwesTel and in 47 million homes across the United States on the First Nations’ Experience Network.. Cox is also a freelance Shooter/Producer for platforms such as CBC Arts and specializes in digital media with an emphasis on women, the arts, and the North.
Banff Centre for the Arts – Video Practicum
- Bright Lights 20th Anniversary Vignettes (APTN) – Production Coordinator
- Wild Kitchen Season 1 and 2 (NorthwesTel) – Show Runner/Director/Editor
- The Exhibitionist (CBC) – Shooter/Producer/Editor
- Shit I Found Diving in Yellowknife (NorthwesTel) -Director/Camera Op/Editor
- Ice Lake Rebels – Season 2 (Animal Planet) – Associate Producer
- Ice Lake Rebels – Season 1 (Animal Planet) – Production Assistant
- Nahanni River of Forgiveness (The Documentary Channel) – 1st AD
- Nahanni River of Forgiveness (The Documentary Channel) – Pre-production Coordinator
- Going to Kansas City – Director/Editor
- Love is Love Music Video (Quantum Tangle) – Producer/Camera Operator
Pablo is the resident Director of Photography at aRTLeSS Collective Inc.
Born and raised in the Northwest Territories, Pablo is an active member of the media-arts community with 20 years of production experience. A sought after Northern expert in documentary and factual TV, photojournalism, arts advocacy, and education, Pablo is personally interested in developing a healthy film and television scene and thriving art-filled North.
Pablo is working to develop a sustainable and culturally significant film/TV industry in Canada’s arctic and to turn the fledgling Yellowknife Film Festival into the world’s premier stage for circumpolar films.
- Documentary Filmmaking – Gulf Islands Film & Television School, 2008
- Photojournalism – Western Academy of Photography, 2004
- Best Student Documentary, Eyelens Film Festival 2008
After The War – A short documentary looking at 4 people who’s lives have been touched by war, and the way those experiences have shaped their personal concepts of peace.
- Platinum MARCOM Award – 2015 Marketing & Communications Industry Awards Best PSA for “You Are Not Alone
- 2018 – She Keeps Me Warm (Short): Director of Photography
- 2018 – Three Feathers (Feature): Director of Photography
- 2017 – Profile (Short): Director of Photography
- 2016 – Garbage (Short): Camera Operator
- 2013 – Spectormentia (Short): Director of Photography
- 2017-2018 – Wild Kitchen (Documentary series): Director of Photography
- 2014-2015 – Fur Harvesters NWT (Documentary series): Camera Operator
- 2014 – The WildSide (TV pilot): Camera Operator
- 2013-2014 – Maximum Limit Fishing (Documentary series): Camera Operator
- 2018 – Misunderstood (Music Video): Director of Photography
- 2016 – Elders (Music Video): Director of Photography