NWTPMA creates a sustainable media industry that generates economy in the NWT. We do this by cultivating the professional growth of our members and influencing policy.
Who We Are
We are media professionals in the NWT working to bring a unified voice from industry to conversations with government, funders and key stakeholders. Together, our collective efforts serve to generate a profitable film and media arts sector in the NWT.
Who Can be a Member?
Membership to the NWTPMA is open to anyone who lives and works in the media industries in the Northwest Territories of Canada. There are two levels of membership with different criteria and benefits.
Full Member – $125/year
- Current business license in an applicable industry
- Resident of the NWT (GNWT Standards)
- Minimum of 2 years of training and/or experience as demonstrated by review of submitted portfolio, CV and credits
- Voting privileges and board membership opportunities
- Access to high end/specialized gear at WAMP
- Reduced rates for NWTPMA hosted workshops/seminars
- Free listing on the NWT Media Industry Directory
- Access to dedicated industry services provided by the NWTPMA (legal, copyright, CMF applications,etc)
- Eligible for Film Apprenticeship Program
- Vetting of the NWTPMA for certain NWT Film Commission funding requirements
Associate Member – $50/year
- Provider of goods and/or services for the media industries as demonstrated through portfolio, CV, credits or examples.
- Invitation to NWTPMA events
- Member pricing on NWTPMA workshops
- NWTPMA networking opportunities
Use the PayPal button below to purchase your membership. Once your payment is complete, you will be taken to the registration page where you can fill in your info.