The Northwest Territories Professional Media Association is seeking to hire a part-time Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, be extremely organized, and be self-motivated. Duties include membership services, basic administration, programming support, and communications. Ideal candidates would have experience in the film and media industry and business of film making. View the full job description below.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: September 15th 2023 at 11:59 PM
The NWTPMA is seeking to employ a part-time Executive Director to manage the daily operations of the organization as well as steer the board/organization to carry out its mission and strategic planning objectives. We are looking for an efficient individual and a self-starter. The ability to multi-task while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver, and organized.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the organization’s progress towards achievement of its goals via the strategies listed in the 5 year strategic plan
- Update and maintain the membership database & NWT Film Suppliers Guide.
- Manage communications with the membership and stakeholders.
- Manage social media channels. Respond to messages and inquiries as appropriate
- When necessary, chair monthly board meetings, and the Annual General Meeting
- Maintain bookkeeping using Wave Accounting
- Provide guidance and support as needed for mentorship programs, workshops, awards galas, etc
- Manage Society documentation such as meeting minutes, notices of directors, financial reports, etc. using Google Drive
- Implement and monitor programs as directed by the Board, and see the programs through to completion
- Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate
- Respond to questions and requests for information
- Write Grants and raise funds to support the position and PMA initiatives
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency in the organization
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working remotely
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organization skills
- Dedication to completing projects on time
- Familiarity with website design & maintenance (WordPress) is an asset.
- Familiarity with the Film Industry
Board Members will select the successful applicant, and the position will be a one-year term contract with the NWTPMA.
HOURS & REMUNERATION
The NWTPMA anticipates this Executive Director position as requiring an average of 20 hours per week; Hours vary based on projects and programming undertaken.
Compensation begins at $30,000 annually for a 1-year term contract with installments paid monthly.
The Board will provide the contractor regular opportunities to negotiate additional fair compensation (on a project-by-project basis):
- as the position evolves, with the intent of growing the position
- for extra hours worked, i.e. special projects
- based on the contractor’s successful fundraising performance.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com