The Northwest Territories Professional Media Association is seeking to hire a part-time administrator. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, be extremely organized, and self-motivated. Duties include membership services, basic administration, programming support, and communications. Experience in the film and media industry not required, though it is an asset.
View the full job description below.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: May 14, 2021
The NWTPMA is seeking to employ a part-time Administrative Assistant to support the functions of the organization. Board Members will utilize the Administrative Assistant to handle administrative duties for the NWTPMA. We are looking for an efficient individual and a self-starter. The ability to multi-task while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
NOTE – The Administrative Assistant will not be allowed to apply for programs or funding from the NWTPMA or the NWT Film Commission (during the term of their contract) to mitigate the chance of any perceived or real conflict of interest.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Update and maintain the membership database & NWT Film Suppliers Guide.
· Manage communications with the membership.
· Manage social media channels. Respond to messages and inquiries as appropriate
· Participate in monthly board meetings
· Produce monthly newsletter with industry info from NWT Film Commission, Arts Council, WAMP etc.
· Maintain bookkeeping using Wave Accounting
· Provide admin support as needed for mentorship programs, workshops, awards, etc
· Manage Society documentation such as meeting minutes, notices of directors, financial reports, etc. using Google Drive
· Implement and monitor programs as directed by the Board, and see the programs through to completion
· Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate
· Respond to questions and requests for information
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency in the organization
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working remotely
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organization skills
- Dedication to completing projects on time
Board Members will select the successful applicant, and the position will be a one-year term contract with the NWTPMA.
HOURS & REMUNERATION
The NWTPMA anticipates this Administrative Assistant position as requiring 10+ hours per week.
Starting rate of $25 per hour for a 1-year term contract with installments paid monthly.
The Board will provide the contractor regular opportunities to negotiate additional fair compensation (on a project-by-project basis):
- as the position evolves;
- for extra hours worked / i.e. special projects;
- and based on the contractor’s successful fundraising performance.