Welcome to the NWT Media Industry Directory. Below, you will find a categorized list of our members including their bio, credits and contact info.
No matter the job, NWT media professionals have the talent to fulfill your needs!
Martin RehakAbsurd Turd MediaYellowknife, NWT
Martin Rehak is a multi disciplinary videographer, whose most recent work has been focusing on short films, while still enthusiastically exploring the creative aspects of all mediums. Making his local introduction at Dead North 2016, he has participate in every video competition since and sometimes finding freelance gigs through that exposure. He is both a NWTPMA and WAMP board member and is currently in the NACC mentorship program where he is working on producing a multimedia stage performance.
- Humber College – Film and Television Production (Graduate)
- George Brown College – Sketch Comedy Writing and Performance (Course)
- 2016 – Goldberg (short) – Producer
- 2017 – Ssssssspace Hat! (short) – Producer
- 2018 – Arm Plant (short) – Producer
- 2019 – Mr. Wishing Well Man has a Toothache (short) – Producer
- 2020 – Butt Portal (short) – Producer
- Dead North 2019 – Zombear for Best Practical Effects
- Canada Shorts Film Festival Merit Award for Arm Plant (2018)
Pat KanePat Kane PhotoYellowknife, NWT
Pat is a Yellowknife-based photographer and videographer covering Canada’s Far North. He is among the most experienced and reliable shooters working in the region today. His ability to win the respect of his subjects and venture to places few have been, sets him apart as a trusted professional. He is a regular contributor on many projects for newspapers, magazines, NGO’s, government departments, businesses and marketing agencies nationwide.
Clients include Maclean’s, The Globe and Mail, VICE, Canadian Press, Canadian Geographic, Reuters Pictures, Reader’s Digest, Monocle, Photolife, National Geographic Online, CBC and more.
Additionally, Pat has worked as a fixer, location scout and set photographer for film and television projects like The Amazing Race Canada, Arctic Air, and Red Snow.
Jen WaldenYellowknife, NWT
Jen Walden is a visual artist and filmmaker based in Yellowknife. As one of the north’s most well known artists her paintings have been exhibited across Canada and purchased by collectors around the world. Her field work has also garnered national attention. Her short film Painted Girl was part of CBC’s shot film face off in 2016. Jen did the production design the the multi award winning film The Sun at Midnight. Her most recent project, the feature film Elijah and the Rock Creature is set to begin touring festivals August 2018. Jen also one of 6 woman selected nationally to participate in the Canadian Academy of Screen and Television’s female director mentorship program in 2017/2018.
- 2018 – Elijah and the Rock Creature (Feature): Writer/Director
- 2017 – Dal Segno (Short): Writer/Director
- 2016 – Preserved (Short): Writer/Director
- 2016 – Painted Girl (Short): Writer/Director
- 2016 – The Sun at Midnight (Feature): Art Director