Welcome to the NWT Media Industry Directory. Below, you will find a categorized list of our members including their bio, credits and contact info.
No matter the job, NWT media professionals have the talent to fulfill your needs!
Pat is a Yellowknife-based photographer and videographer covering Canada’s Far North. He is among the most experienced and reliable shooters working in the region today. His ability to win the respect of his subjects and venture to places few have been, sets him apart as a trusted professional. He is a regular contributor on many projects for newspapers, magazines, NGO’s, government departments, businesses and marketing agencies nationwide.
Clients include Maclean’s, The Globe and Mail, VICE, Canadian Press, Canadian Geographic, Reuters Pictures, Reader’s Digest, Monocle, Photolife, National Geographic Online, CBC and more.
Additionally, Pat has worked as a fixer, location scout and set photographer for film and television projects like The Amazing Race Canada, Arctic Air, and Red Snow.
Isis Essery is an award winning designer, filmmaker and photographer. She has worked around the world for many high profile clients and top tier brands. Isis has shot and edited videos for the GNWT, Northwest Territories Tourism, City of Yellowknife, MSN travel, Illinois Tourism, Yellow Pages as well as major Canadian music festivals and bands. Isis specializes in creating short format non-fiction videos for marketing and brand awareness campaigns. In 2016 she produced Ghosts of Our Forest, a feature length documentary film which premiered at Hot Doc film festival. In 2017 Isis won a Juno for ‘Recording Package of the Year’ for her graphic design work on The Secret Path by Gord Downie. In 2016 she designed the album for Juno award winning Man Machine Poem by The Tragically Hip. Her fascination with the arts, and science keeps her on the cusp of new technologies and trends.
- 2014-2015 Postgraduate Graphic Design- Print and Web, Humber College
- 2012 Postgraduate Broadcast Journalism, Seneca College
- 2005-2010 Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychology Specializing in Neuroscience, University of Guelph
- 2018 UAV Ground School, M3 Aerial
- 2013 After Effects, OCAD
- 2012 Adobe Illustrator, George Brown
- 2011 Photography, Ryerson University
- City of Yellowknife- Yellowknife, March 2018- Current
-Shot and edited 4 tourism videos to date with 2 more to come in the summer
- Government of Northwest Territories- Boots On The Ground – Yellowknife, April 2018
-Edited 2 short videos for Boots On the Ground
- Government of Northwest Territories- CIMP – Yellowknife, July 2017- Feb 2018
-Shot and Edited 2 short videos for CIMP
- Folk on the Rocks- Yellowknife, July 2017- Feb 2018
-Festival Weekend Video
- Ghosts of our Forest – Loud Road Productions – Toronto 2015-2016
-Produced a Hot Docs premiered feature length film shot in Uganda
- Arts & Crafts- Toronto, 2015-2016
-Produce and shoot engaging non-fiction content for musicians including mini docs, behind the scene, sessions, special events coverage etc.
- Yellow Pages ‘Next Home’ Series Toronto, 2015-2016
-Edited 5 episodes of series
- Fleishman-Hillard Canada, Toronto, 2013-2015
-Shot and Edited 14 client videos for websites, advertising, and social media
-Clients included Tim Hortons, Quaker Oaks, TD Canada Trust, Whiskas, Illinois Tourism & many more
- MSN Canada- Travel Diaries Toronto, 2013-2015
-Shot and/or edited 18 episodes of MSN Travel Diaries
-Instruct and direct talent and manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Best Package Design (Gord Downie, Secret Path) – Juno Awards, 2017
Nordyk ProductionYellowknife, NWT
Work Phone: +1 867-446-6747work
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Motivated film crew member willing to learn and adapt to multiple roles. Collaborative team
member who works well with challenging deadlines. Versatile, leadership skills and quick learner.
Angela Gzowski is an award-winning northern photographer. Born and raised in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Angela earned a BFA in Photography from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. Equally at home doing portraits in her Yellowknife studio as she is bouncing in the back of a snowmobile at -40 in Canada’s Far North, her photojournalism has taken her to Tuktoyaktuk, Pangnirtung and Iqaluit, Nunavut; as well as across the NWT and Yukon. Stunning landscapes and evocative people photos have appeared in Canadian Geographic, Readers Digest, Maclean’s, VICE, Maisonneuve, Up Here, MoneySense, Lexpert, LINK, Photolife, Today’s Parent and The Coast. Angela also is an accomplished commercial photographer with clients that include NETFLIX, Parks Canada, Telus, Health Canada, NWT Parks and Recreation Association, CBC, Verge Communications, Superior Industries, Futurpreneur Canada, Re-Group Marketing, Government of the Northwest Territories and Outcrop Communications. Twice cited for national magazine awards, in 2013 she was the gold winner in portraiture for the KRW Business Magazine Awards. Her work can be found in several books — The World Atlas of Tattoo, True North: The Canadian Songbook, and the cover of the memoir Voice in the Wild.
BFA – Major Photography NSCAD University 2010
Red Deer College – Diploma in Visual Arts 2008
- 2013 Gold winner in portraiture for the KRW Business Magazine Awards
- 2017 Applied Arts Winner in Portraiture & Wildlife
- 2018 Applied Arts Winner in Editorial Photography
- Twice cited for National Magazine awards
Jen Walden is a visual artist and filmmaker based in Yellowknife. As one of the north’s most well known artists her paintings have been exhibited across Canada and purchased by collectors around the world. Her field work has also garnered national attention. Her short film Painted Girl was part of CBC’s shot film face off in 2016. Jen did the production design the the multi award winning film The Sun at Midnight. Her most recent project, the feature film Elijah and the Rock Creature is set to begin touring festivals August 2018. Jen also one of 6 woman selected nationally to participate in the Canadian Academy of Screen and Television’s female director mentorship program in 2017/2018.
- 2018 – Elijah and the Rock Creature (Feature): Writer/Director
- 2017 – Dal Segno (Short): Writer/Director
- 2016 – Preserved (Short): Writer/Director
- 2016 – Painted Girl (Short): Writer/Director
- 2016 – The Sun at Midnight (Feature): Art Director