Welcome to the NWT Media Industry Directory. Below, you will find a categorized list of our members including their bio, credits and contact info.
No matter the job, NWT media professionals have the talent to fulfill your needs!
Angela Gzowski is an award-winning northern photographer. Born and raised in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Angela earned a BFA in Photography from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. Equally at home doing portraits in her Yellowknife studio as she is bouncing in the back of a snowmobile at -40 in Canada’s Far North, her photojournalism has taken her to Tuktoyaktuk, Pangnirtung and Iqaluit, Nunavut; as well as across the NWT and Yukon. Stunning landscapes and evocative people photos have appeared in Canadian Geographic, Readers Digest, Maclean’s, VICE, Maisonneuve, Up Here, MoneySense, Lexpert, LINK, Photolife, Today’s Parent and The Coast. Angela also is an accomplished commercial photographer with clients that include NETFLIX, Parks Canada, Telus, Health Canada, NWT Parks and Recreation Association, CBC, Verge Communications, Superior Industries, Futurpreneur Canada, Re-Group Marketing, Government of the Northwest Territories and Outcrop Communications. Twice cited for national magazine awards, in 2013 she was the gold winner in portraiture for the KRW Business Magazine Awards. Her work can be found in several books — The World Atlas of Tattoo, True North: The Canadian Songbook, and the cover of the memoir Voice in the Wild.
BFA – Major Photography NSCAD University 2010
Red Deer College – Diploma in Visual Arts 2008
- 2013 Gold winner in portraiture for the KRW Business Magazine Awards
- 2017 Applied Arts Winner in Portraiture & Wildlife
- 2018 Applied Arts Winner in Editorial Photography
- Twice cited for National Magazine awards
Pat is a Yellowknife-based photographer and videographer covering Canada’s Far North. He is among the most experienced and reliable shooters working in the region today. His ability to win the respect of his subjects and venture to places few have been, sets him apart as a trusted professional. He is a regular contributor on many projects for newspapers, magazines, NGO’s, government departments, businesses and marketing agencies nationwide.
Clients include Maclean’s, The Globe and Mail, VICE, Canadian Press, Canadian Geographic, Reuters Pictures, Reader’s Digest, Monocle, Photolife, National Geographic Online, CBC and more.
Additionally, Pat has worked as a fixer, location scout and set photographer for film and television projects like The Amazing Race Canada, Arctic Air, and Red Snow.
Scott is a Filmmaker, Film Editor and Colourist. Originally from Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario, but now residing in Hay River, Northwest Territories, he is a member of the NWT Professional Media Association and Western Arctic Moving Pictures.
- Assistant Director Course – Film Industry Training Seminars, 2017
- Applied Communication Arts – Nova Scotia Community College, 2011
- Photojournalism – Loyalist College, 2006
- 2018 – Elijah and the Rock Creature (Feature): Assistant Location Manager, Assistant Sound Mixer, Second Unit Camera
- 2018 – She Keeps Me Warm (Short): Director, Producer, Writer, Sound Mixer, Editor, Colourist
- 2017 – Great Slave Rock Slabs (Short): Colourist
- 2017 – Dal Segno (Short): Colourist
- 2017 – The Mad Trapper (Short): Colourist
- 2017 – Profile (Short): Director, Producer, Sound Mixer, Editor, Colourist
- 2016 – Locked In (Short): Director, Producer, Writer, Editor, Colourist, Composer
- 2015 – Latitude (Short): Director, Producer, Writer, Editor, Colourist, Composer
- 2018 – Wild Kitchen (Documentary series): Associate Producer [1 episode], Colourist [4 episodes]
- 2018 – Misunderstood (Music Video): Director, Editor, Colourist
- 2016 – Elders (Music Video): Director, Editor, Colourist
- 1st Place (Elders) – WAMP 48-Hour Music Video Competition, 2016
- Best Original Music (Locked In) – Dead North Film Festival, 2016
I’ve lived in Yellowknife for 13 years and have travelled to almost every community in the NWT and Yukon over 5 years through my employment with NWT Tourism. I’ve been self employed for 5 years and a full-time photographer for three years in Yellowknife. Our business primarily focuses on Maternity/Newborn, Weddings/Events and print sales. We are a full service studio and print in house.
- Canadore College (Business Administration/Marketing), graduated in 2003.
- Dave Brosha Photography – Basics of Photography, Tones of Grace, Creative Portraiture. (over the past 9 years).
- Myrtle & Moss Photography – Inspired Photography retreat in Tofino, BC (June 2017).
- Constant Online Learning
Pablo is the resident Director of Photography at aRTLeSS Collective Inc.
Born and raised in the Northwest Territories, Pablo is an active member of the media-arts community with 20 years of production experience. A sought after Northern expert in documentary and factual TV, photojournalism, arts advocacy, and education, Pablo is personally interested in developing a healthy film and television scene and thriving art-filled North.
Pablo is working to develop a sustainable and culturally significant film/TV industry in Canada’s arctic and to turn the fledgling Yellowknife Film Festival into the world’s premier stage for circumpolar films.
- Documentary Filmmaking – Gulf Islands Film & Television School, 2008
- Photojournalism – Western Academy of Photography, 2004
- Best Student Documentary, Eyelens Film Festival 2008
After The War – A short documentary looking at 4 people who’s lives have been touched by war, and the way those experiences have shaped their personal concepts of peace.
- Platinum MARCOM Award – 2015 Marketing & Communications Industry Awards Best PSA for “You Are Not Alone
Niviovak/Black Fly StudiosInuvik, NWT
Work Phone: +1 867-678-0868work
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Tony Devlin is a producer/photographer based in Inuvik and is owner/operator of Niviovak/Black Fly Studios, a full-service production and media services company with clients including Apple, Ford Canada, PepsiCo/Tropicana, CBC, the GNWT, Aurora College, Arctic Energy Alliance, Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, the Inuvialuit Regional Corporation and the Town of Inuvik. Tony formerly sat on the Board of Directors of the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN) and worked for a number of years as a producer for CBC Television, working on national shows including Jonovision, the Juno Awards, the NHL Awards and CBC Canada Day from Parliament Hill. Most recently, Tony produced an Inuvialuktun-language children’s television series, Iglaq, for APTN (2018).
Nordyk ProductionYellowknife, NWT
Work Phone: +1 867-446-6747work
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Motivated film crew member willing to learn and adapt to multiple roles. Collaborative team
member who works well with challenging deadlines. Versatile, leadership skills and quick learner.
Based out of Yellowknife, and sometimes found homesteading on a small off-grid cabin on the Liard River, Caroline Cox is creating authentic film content from Canada’s North and beyond. Cox studied cinematography at the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity and cut her teeth working as an Associate Producer on the Animal Planet series, Ice Lake Rebels. From there she went on to create and show-run the international series, “Wild Kitchen”, which airs in Canada on NorthwesTel and in 47 million homes across the United States on the First Nations’ Experience Network.. Cox is also a freelance Shooter/Producer for platforms such as CBC Arts and specializes in digital media with an emphasis on women, the arts, and the North.
Banff Centre for the Arts – Video Practicum
- Bright Lights 20th Anniversary Vignettes (APTN) – Production Coordinator
- Wild Kitchen Season 1 and 2 (NorthwesTel) – Show Runner/Director/Editor
- The Exhibitionist (CBC) – Shooter/Producer/Editor
- Shit I Found Diving in Yellowknife (NorthwesTel) -Director/Camera Op/Editor
- Ice Lake Rebels – Season 2 (Animal Planet) – Associate Producer
- Ice Lake Rebels – Season 1 (Animal Planet) – Production Assistant
- Nahanni River of Forgiveness (The Documentary Channel) – 1st AD
- Nahanni River of Forgiveness (The Documentary Channel) – Pre-production Coordinator
- Going to Kansas City – Director/Editor
- Love is Love Music Video (Quantum Tangle) – Producer/Camera Operator