Welcome to the NWT Media Industry Directory. Below, you will find a categorized list of our members including their bio, credits and contact info.
No matter the job, NWT media professionals have the talent to fulfill your needs!
Isis Essery is an award winning designer, filmmaker and photographer. She has worked around the world for many high profile clients and top tier brands. Isis has shot and edited videos for the GNWT, Northwest Territories Tourism, City of Yellowknife, MSN travel, Illinois Tourism, Yellow Pages as well as major Canadian music festivals and bands. Isis specializes in creating short format non-fiction videos for marketing and brand awareness campaigns. In 2016 she produced Ghosts of Our Forest, a feature length documentary film which premiered at Hot Doc film festival. In 2017 Isis won a Juno for ‘Recording Package of the Year’ for her graphic design work on The Secret Path by Gord Downie. In 2016 she designed the album for Juno award winning Man Machine Poem by The Tragically Hip. Her fascination with the arts, and science keeps her on the cusp of new technologies and trends.
- 2014-2015 Postgraduate Graphic Design- Print and Web, Humber College
- 2012 Postgraduate Broadcast Journalism, Seneca College
- 2005-2010 Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychology Specializing in Neuroscience, University of Guelph
- 2018 UAV Ground School, M3 Aerial
- 2013 After Effects, OCAD
- 2012 Adobe Illustrator, George Brown
- 2011 Photography, Ryerson University
- City of Yellowknife- Yellowknife, March 2018- Current
-Shot and edited 4 tourism videos to date with 2 more to come in the summer
- Government of Northwest Territories- Boots On The Ground – Yellowknife, April 2018
-Edited 2 short videos for Boots On the Ground
- Government of Northwest Territories- CIMP – Yellowknife, July 2017- Feb 2018
-Shot and Edited 2 short videos for CIMP
- Folk on the Rocks- Yellowknife, July 2017- Feb 2018
-Festival Weekend Video
- Ghosts of our Forest – Loud Road Productions – Toronto 2015-2016
-Produced a Hot Docs premiered feature length film shot in Uganda
- Arts & Crafts- Toronto, 2015-2016
-Produce and shoot engaging non-fiction content for musicians including mini docs, behind the scene, sessions, special events coverage etc.
- Yellow Pages ‘Next Home’ Series Toronto, 2015-2016
-Edited 5 episodes of series
- Fleishman-Hillard Canada, Toronto, 2013-2015
-Shot and Edited 14 client videos for websites, advertising, and social media
-Clients included Tim Hortons, Quaker Oaks, TD Canada Trust, Whiskas, Illinois Tourism & many more
- MSN Canada- Travel Diaries Toronto, 2013-2015
-Shot and/or edited 18 episodes of MSN Travel Diaries
-Instruct and direct talent and manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Best Package Design (Gord Downie, Secret Path) – Juno Awards, 2017
Jeremy graduated in 2008 from the University of Lethbridge with a Bachelors of Fine arts degree, in New Media. During his time at University he spent several summers working in Vancouver on Television series as a production assistant and on independent productions. His experience has included working as a production coordinator, boom operator, camera operator and editor. After graduating he found a job in Yellowknife managing the local film society and moved back to the north but this time to Yellowknife. During his time in Yellowknife he has also started his own business as freelance videographer working with artists, communications companies, schools, government and non profits organizations to produce films and media content.
B.A. New Media, Set Etiquette and Protocols certificate Mount Royal College
- 2018 – Elijah & the Rock Creature (Feature): Producer, Editor
- 2017 – Dal Segno (Short): Editor
- 2014 – Berkshire County (Feature): Key Grip, B Camera Operator
- 2011 – Amelia (Short): Cinematographer
- 2010 – A Song for the Dead (Short): Associate Producer, Gaffer
- 2009-Present – Multiple PSA’s, Short Docs for Web: Videographer