Welcome to the NWT Media Industry Directory. Below, you will find a categorized list of our members including their bio, credits and contact info.
No matter the job, NWT media professionals have the talent to fulfill your needs!
Based out of Yellowknife, and sometimes found homesteading on a small off-grid cabin on the Liard River, Caroline Cox is creating authentic film content from Canada’s North and beyond. Cox studied cinematography at the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity and cut her teeth working as an Associate Producer on the Animal Planet series, Ice Lake Rebels. From there she went on to create and show-run the international series, “Wild Kitchen”, which airs in Canada on NorthwesTel and in 47 million homes across the United States on the First Nations’ Experience Network.. Cox is also a freelance Shooter/Producer for platforms such as CBC Arts and specializes in digital media with an emphasis on women, the arts, and the North.
Banff Centre for the Arts – Video Practicum
- Bright Lights 20th Anniversary Vignettes (APTN) – Production Coordinator
- Wild Kitchen Season 1 and 2 (NorthwesTel) – Show Runner/Director/Editor
- The Exhibitionist (CBC) – Shooter/Producer/Editor
- Shit I Found Diving in Yellowknife (NorthwesTel) -Director/Camera Op/Editor
- Ice Lake Rebels – Season 2 (Animal Planet) – Associate Producer
- Ice Lake Rebels – Season 1 (Animal Planet) – Production Assistant
- Nahanni River of Forgiveness (The Documentary Channel) – 1st AD
- Nahanni River of Forgiveness (The Documentary Channel) – Pre-production Coordinator
- Going to Kansas City – Director/Editor
- Love is Love Music Video (Quantum Tangle) – Producer/Camera Operator
Pablo is the resident Director of Photography at aRTLeSS Collective Inc.
Born and raised in the Northwest Territories, Pablo is an active member of the media-arts community with 20 years of production experience. A sought after Northern expert in documentary and factual TV, photojournalism, arts advocacy, and education, Pablo is personally interested in developing a healthy film and television scene and thriving art-filled North.
Pablo is working to develop a sustainable and culturally significant film/TV industry in Canada’s arctic and to turn the fledgling Yellowknife Film Festival into the world’s premier stage for circumpolar films.
- Documentary Filmmaking – Gulf Islands Film & Television School, 2008
- Photojournalism – Western Academy of Photography, 2004
- Best Student Documentary, Eyelens Film Festival 2008
After The War – A short documentary looking at 4 people who’s lives have been touched by war, and the way those experiences have shaped their personal concepts of peace.
- Platinum MARCOM Award – 2015 Marketing & Communications Industry Awards Best PSA for “You Are Not Alone
Scott is a Filmmaker, Film Editor and Colourist. Originally from Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario, but now residing in Hay River, Northwest Territories, he is a member of the NWT Professional Media Association and Western Arctic Moving Pictures.
- Production Assistant Course – Film Industry Training Seminars, 2019
- Assistant Director Course – Film Industry Training Seminars, 2017
- Applied Communication Arts – Nova Scotia Community College, 2011
- Photojournalism – Loyalist College, 2006
- 2020 – The Clog (Short): Producer, Cinematographer, Sound Mixer, Editor, Colourist
- 2019 – Unzipped (Short): Producer, Sound Mixer, Editor, Colourist
- 2018 – Elijah and the Rock Creature (Feature): Assistant Location Manager, Assistant Sound Mixer, Second Unit Camera
- 2018 – She Keeps Me Warm (Short): Director, Producer, Writer, Sound Mixer, Editor, Colourist
- 2017 – Great Slave Rock Slabs (Short): Colourist
- 2017 – Dal Segno (Short): Colourist
- 2017 – The Mad Trapper (Short): Colourist
- 2017 – Profile (Short): Director, Producer, Sound Mixer, Editor, Colourist
- 2016 – Locked In (Short): Director, Producer, Writer, Editor, Colourist, Composer
- 2015 – Latitude (Short): Director, Producer, Writer, Editor, Colourist, Composer
- 2018 – Wild Kitchen (Documentary series): Associate Producer [1 episode], Colourist [4 episodes]
- 2018 – Misunderstood (Music Video): Director, Editor, Colourist
- 2016 – Elders (Music Video): Director, Editor, Colourist
- Best Narrative Short Film (She Keeps Me Warm) – NWT Film & Media Awards, 2018
- 1st Place (Elders) – WAMP 48-Hour Music Video Competition, 2016
- Best Original Music (Locked In) – Dead North Film Festival, 2016
Jeremy graduated in 2008 from the University of Lethbridge with a Bachelors of Fine arts degree, in New Media. During his time at University he spent several summers working in Vancouver on Television series as a production assistant and on independent productions. His experience has included working as a production coordinator, boom operator, camera operator and editor. After graduating he found a job in Yellowknife managing the local film society and moved back to the north but this time to Yellowknife. During his time in Yellowknife he has also started his own business as freelance videographer working with artists, communications companies, schools, government and non profits organizations to produce films and media content.
B.A. New Media, Set Etiquette and Protocols certificate Mount Royal College
- 2018 – Elijah & the Rock Creature (Feature): Producer, Editor
- 2017 – Dal Segno (Short): Editor
- 2014 – Berkshire County (Feature): Key Grip, B Camera Operator
- 2011 – Amelia (Short): Cinematographer
- 2010 – A Song for the Dead (Short): Associate Producer, Gaffer
- 2009-Present – Multiple PSA’s, Short Docs for Web: Videographer
Jay is a co-director at Artless Collective, the creator and President of the Dead North Film Festival, and a founding member of the NWT Professional Media Association.
Martin Rehak is a multi disciplinary videographer, whose most recent work has been focusing on short films, while still enthusiastically exploring the creative aspects of all mediums. Making his local introduction at Dead North 2016, he has participate in every video competition since and sometimes finding freelance gigs through that exposure. He is both a NWTPMA and WAMP board member and is currently in the NACC mentorship program where he is working on producing a multimedia stage performance.
- Humber College – Film and Television Production (Graduate)
- George Brown College – Sketch Comedy Writing and Performance (Course)
- 2016 – Goldberg (short) – Producer
- 2017 – Ssssssspace Hat! (short) – Producer
- 2018 – Arm Plant (short) – Producer
- 2019 – Mr. Wishing Well Man has a Toothache (short) – Producer
- 2020 – Butt Portal (short) – Producer
- Dead North 2019 – Zombear for Best Practical Effects
- Canada Shorts Film Festival Merit Award for Arm Plant (2018)