Welcome to the NWT Media Industry Directory. Below, you will find a categorized list of our members including their bio, credits and contact info.
No matter the job, NWT media professionals have the talent to fulfill your needs!
Pat is a Yellowknife-based photographer and videographer covering Canada’s Far North. He is among the most experienced and reliable shooters working in the region today. His ability to win the respect of his subjects and venture to places few have been, sets him apart as a trusted professional. He is a regular contributor on many projects for newspapers, magazines, NGO’s, government departments, businesses and marketing agencies nationwide.
Clients include Maclean’s, The Globe and Mail, VICE, Canadian Press, Canadian Geographic, Reuters Pictures, Reader’s Digest, Monocle, Photolife, National Geographic Online, CBC and more.
Additionally, Pat has worked as a fixer, location scout and set photographer for film and television projects like The Amazing Race Canada, Arctic Air, and Red Snow.
Scott is a Filmmaker, Film Editor and Colourist. Originally from Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario, but now residing in Hay River, Northwest Territories, he is a member of the NWT Professional Media Association and Western Arctic Moving Pictures.
- Production Assistant Course – Film Industry Training Seminars, 2019
- Assistant Director Course – Film Industry Training Seminars, 2017
- Applied Communication Arts – Nova Scotia Community College, 2011
- Photojournalism – Loyalist College, 2006
- 2019 – Unzipped (Short): Producer, Sound Mixer, Editor, Colourist
- 2018 – Elijah and the Rock Creature (Feature): Assistant Location Manager, Assistant Sound Mixer, Second Unit Camera
- 2018 – She Keeps Me Warm (Short): Director, Producer, Writer, Sound Mixer, Editor, Colourist
- 2017 – Great Slave Rock Slabs (Short): Colourist
- 2017 – Dal Segno (Short): Colourist
- 2017 – The Mad Trapper (Short): Colourist
- 2017 – Profile (Short): Director, Producer, Sound Mixer, Editor, Colourist
- 2016 – Locked In (Short): Director, Producer, Writer, Editor, Colourist, Composer
- 2015 – Latitude (Short): Director, Producer, Writer, Editor, Colourist, Composer
- 2018 – Wild Kitchen (Documentary series): Associate Producer [1 episode], Colourist [4 episodes]
- 2018 – Misunderstood (Music Video): Director, Editor, Colourist
- 2016 – Elders (Music Video): Director, Editor, Colourist
- 1st Place (Elders) – WAMP 48-Hour Music Video Competition, 2016
- Best Original Music (Locked In) – Dead North Film Festival, 2016
Jeremy graduated in 2008 from the University of Lethbridge with a Bachelors of Fine arts degree, in New Media. During his time at University he spent several summers working in Vancouver on Television series as a production assistant and on independent productions. His experience has included working as a production coordinator, boom operator, camera operator and editor. After graduating he found a job in Yellowknife managing the local film society and moved back to the north but this time to Yellowknife. During his time in Yellowknife he has also started his own business as freelance videographer working with artists, communications companies, schools, government and non profits organizations to produce films and media content.
B.A. New Media, Set Etiquette and Protocols certificate Mount Royal College
- 2018 – Elijah & the Rock Creature (Feature): Producer, Editor
- 2017 – Dal Segno (Short): Editor
- 2014 – Berkshire County (Feature): Key Grip, B Camera Operator
- 2011 – Amelia (Short): Cinematographer
- 2010 – A Song for the Dead (Short): Associate Producer, Gaffer
- 2009-Present – Multiple PSA’s, Short Docs for Web: Videographer
I’ve lived in Yellowknife for 13 years and have travelled to almost every community in the NWT and Yukon over 5 years through my employment with NWT Tourism. I’ve been self employed for 5 years and a full-time photographer for three years in Yellowknife. Our business primarily focuses on Maternity/Newborn, Weddings/Events and print sales. We are a full service studio and print in house.
- Canadore College (Business Administration/Marketing), graduated in 2003.
- Dave Brosha Photography – Basics of Photography, Tones of Grace, Creative Portraiture. (over the past 9 years).
- Myrtle & Moss Photography – Inspired Photography retreat in Tofino, BC (June 2017).
- Constant Online Learning